To order shipping of your goods you need to understand that transportation process is a sequence of steps: choice of the vehicle type, optimal route projecting and documentation (if necessary). The main stages of the process can be as follows:
- cargo loading at shipper's location;
- moving cargo to the warehouse, its subsequent consolidation;
- loading into selected transport unit;
- registration of customs documents (for international routes);
- transit itself;
- customs clearance in the place of destination;
- unloading at the agreed destination;
- other services (packaging, insurance, information support, storage, etc.).
To order freight, you need to consider factors affecting the cost of services. A few important factors to consider:
- Type of transport (land, sea, air or combined).
- Modality (unimodal transportation is carried out by one mode of transport, multi- and intermodal - by several).
- Regionality. Prices vary when ordering city, regional movements of goods, as well as between cities and countries
The choice of transport and delivery method depends on the transport characteristics of the cargo. The classification of various cargoes is carried out according to the methods of unloading and loading (bulk, piece, liquid), dimensions, weight (standard, light and heavy), hazard class (exposed to weather and not requiring special conditions), etc.