Your cargo size affects the choice of a specific transportation method:
- large batches are sent in containers, which are sealed in the presence of the customer after loading.
- cargo of moderate volume can enjoy cheaper railway freight if arranged as LCL (combined delivery). In this case, the customer pays only for the space occupied by the cargo and avoids paying fees for remaining free space in empty wagon/container. Stacking cargo on wooden pallets speeds up loading and streamlines costs as well.
Receiving at the destination is accompanied by sending a notification to the recipient, his arrival at the place of delivery and the presentation of identity documents. There is an increased rate option, when container can be delivered right "to the recipient's door".
Ordering rail freight you should be aware that prices are calculated basing on weight and dimensions of your cargo, overall wagon repletion and route selection factors.
The main transportation methods:
- small (cargo up to 10 tons, which occupy no more than 1/3 of the wagon volume);
- small tonnage (cargo of 10–20 tons, taking upto 50% of the wagon volume);
- grouped (all goods exceed1 wagon in volume and unloading is planned at the same destination);
- route (delivery of goods to different addresses);
- container (the most affordable and comfortable option, as your cargo is secured inside the container, protected from weather and mechanical damage).